Thursday, April 25, 2002


Catching up on the Fives...

~~~~~~~~~

19 Apr 02

1. What's your favorite TV show and why?

At the moment I never miss The West Wing (well, I still haven't seen the stand-alone episode). Black Books is going to become a regular watch. I used to be a regular with The Simpsons and The X Files, but this has waned with the former on endless repeats and now full seasons being released on DVD (did I mention my birthday's in a month) and the latter beyond its' use-by date.

2. Who is your favorite television star?

I don't have a favourite individual, I get more enjoyment from enemble casts.

3. What was your favorite TV show as a child?

Hmm, Monkey I think.

4. What show do you think should have been cancelled by now?

The X Files has had its' run, so has all reality programming and tabloid current affairs shows.

5. What new show do you hope escapes the axe this season?

As long as The West Wing continues I'm content, the rest I can take or leave (family are shocked to hear I don't watch anywhere near as much TV as I did in Brisbane).

~~~~~~~~~

12 Apr 02

1. What is your favorite restaurant and why?

There are still a couple of restaurants around Canberra that I haven't tried yet and would like to (The Chairman and Yip and The Hermitage) but when I want to go out somewhere special for a meal I lean towards Rubicon at the Griffith shops.

2. What fast food restaurant are you partial to?

Sizzle Bento - fast takeaway Japanese, but not as nice as a sit-down meal at Iori.

3. What are your standards and rules for tipping?

Lou will be nodding here: for me it's dependent on mood mostly. I usually tip if the staff have been attitudeless and the food's good. All things being equal, I apply the reasonablness test; If the place is busy I don't mind waiting a bit longer as long as the food's still hot when it reaches me for example.

4. Do you usually order an appetizer and/or dessert?

I'll order starters if I'm hungry, and desserts if I can look at the dessert menu at the start of the meal and decide whether to go for a filling main or to leave room for something sweet.

5. What do you usually order to drink at a restaurant?

I'm usually only at restaurants for dinners, so I'll ususally order a merlot.

~~~~~~~~~

05 Apr 02

1. What are the first things that you do in the morning to start your day?

Switch the clock/radio from alarm to radio & listen to the 7am ABC news.

2. What are the last things that you do at night before going to bed?

Switch the alarm on.

3. What daily routine have you recently added to your day?

Breakfast. When I have been a breakfast eater it used to be a couple of bits of toast on the run and maybe half a cup of tea. Now, after listening to the news, I'll get up and put on a fresh pot of coffee so I can have a shower etc and by the time I'm dressed the coffee is ready, I make some breakfast and sit down and eat it with the paper if there's one around I haven't fully read yet. Then I can go off to work and not get the midmorning hunger distractions and get a whole lot of work done before lunch.

4. What routine do you wish you could get rid of?

Paying the rent. Well, not so much paying the money, it's the fact that the people who manage the property have no electronic banking or direct debit options. We have to either go out there with cash or send them a cheque or money order - so I have to go to the post office every thursday to get the money order and send it off because these real estate agents are luddites.

5. What's the one thing that makes you feel like something is missing if you don't do it some point within your day?

I've gotten up and headed out to face the world on weekends once or twice over the years without brushing my teeth (if I've crashed somewhere other than home) and haven't realised until midmorning and felt really gross until I've gotten home and brushed them twice in short succession. Brushing of teeth is the first thing I do in the bathroom in the morning and the day just isn't the same if it doesn't happen.

Posted by Dean @ 4/25/2002 02:06:00 pm

...Survey says...

Elsewhere

BlogsNow | |

Stats

Page loads since 9 Nov 04:

Statistics

Tools

Powered by Blogger