Thursday, December 18, 2003

Real dumb real people

I once reviewed Igby Goes Down with something along the lines of 'See it if you want to feel better about your own family relationships'. Similarly, if you've ever questioned your own depth, hire The Real Cancun. At first I thought that the producers had cast a group of the most superficial college kids they could, but now I realise that I'd jumped to a quick judgement. Surely these kids weren't that shallow. The real achievement was finding an editor to cut any moment that didn't involve alcohol, flesh or conversations featuring alcohol or flesh.

If you're after a point of comparison re your own sensibility, opt for Jackass: The Movie. The pitch: it's candid camera meets a bunch of guys filming their mates hurting themselves. I laughed, I cringed, I almost threw up. The winner here was the 'next chapter' button on my dvd remote.

Posted by Dean @ 12/18/2003 10:00:00 am

...Survey says...

Elsewhere

BlogsNow | |

Stats

Page loads since 9 Nov 04:

Statistics

Tools

Powered by Blogger