Saturday, March 09, 2002

Hurrah - I'm not crazy!

On Thursday I had my first counselling session.

The counsellor and I talked for almost two hours about a whole range of things, and I'm happy to report that what I've been going through these last four weeks is completely normal given the circumstances. It's called Post-traumatic Stress. So here's the "I'm Not Crazy" checklist I was given:




Physical
Nausea
Tremors
Chills
Sweating
Lack of Coordination
Palpitations and chest pains
High blood pressure
Headaches
Sleep disturbance
Diarrhoea
Dizziness
Loss of appetite
Loss of sexual interest
Mental
Slowed thinking
Difficulty:
- making decisions
- problem solving
- calculating
- concentrating
- naming common objects
Confusion
Disorientation
Memory problems
Flashbacks
Dreams
Poor attention span
Magical thinking
(I don't think I have this -
this is like me thinking I can go
& rid the world of junkies
or other delusions of power)

Emotional
Anxiety
Fear
Guilt
Grief
Depression
Hightened awareness of danger
Sadness
Anger
Irritability
Numb
Startled
Shocked
Feeling lost
Feeling abandoned
Feeling isolated
Wanting to withdraw
Wanting to hide

Posted by Dean @ 3/09/2002 11:36:00 am

...Survey says...

Elsewhere

BlogsNow | |

Stats

Page loads since 9 Nov 04:

Statistics

Tools

Powered by Blogger