Wednesday, July 31, 2002

I think the interview went ok. I think I stuffed up one interview question on negotiation; I rambled on for about 10 minutes on alternative techniques at a stand-still when I should've just said "Shoot the hostage".

Spent the afternoon seeking heads to kick in and people to speak passionately to, but they'd all disappeared. Not put off by this I sent a series of curt e-mails telling people to pull their heads in before the Department head starts kicking heads.

I was ready to pop the cork on a bottle of champagne, but it turns out that my primary project doesn't get taken away from me. I still get to do most of the work, but now I don't get any of the recognition. Still, it was a ministerial thing, so there's not much to be done about it from my level.

After work I had a pint with Pawnstar and Patrick, then met Ms S (who bought me a book! How Proust Can Change Your Life), and we walked up to Manuka to see Bend It Like Beckham with Nicky, Lach and Mick. It was a very funny film about girls playing soccer, which is something I support wholeheartedly (No. 3 on the team was v.cute IMO).

~~~

The weekend's looking good; Soccer and Atko's birthday lunch at Rubicon on Saturday, then movie-afternoon Sunday.

Posted by Dean @ 7/31/2002 10:51:00 pm

...Survey says...

Elsewhere

BlogsNow | |

Stats

Page loads since 9 Nov 04:

Statistics

Tools

Powered by Blogger