Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Wanted: ISP

[Tech] So Telstra says no way no how can I get ADSL in this apartment, so I'm shopping for a new dial-up provider.

Criteria:
- cheap;
- some web hosting space;
- an e-mail account;
- unlimited hours;
- unlimited data; and
- decent support (not that I really need it, but good to know it's there if something stuffs up).

Any recommendations or warnings in comments please. Cheers!

Posted by Dean @ 7/06/2004 09:25:00 pm

Read or Post a Comment

What excuse did Telstra give as to why you can't get ADSL?
I have just found out I am on a pair-gain line, which means I can't get ADSL unless they move it.
As for dial-ups, I think Optusnet are really good, especially bundled with phone (50 or 100 free local calls). They never drop out. Never engaged. But I think most dial-ups would be the same now-a-days..

Posted by Blogger Mick @ Wednesday, July 07, 2004 10:19:00 am #
 

They said I was on a pair-gain line, so I ordered the line transposition but it wasn't successful. The only broadband I'm able to get now is satellite or I'll just have to wait until wireless comes online and drops in price.

Posted by Blogger Dean @ Wednesday, July 07, 2004 1:18:00 pm #
 

If the transposition was unsuccessful. Try again. And Again...and again.
Sooner or later, it will work.
Or just make up a story about how you need it for work or something...

Posted by Blogger Mick @ Friday, July 09, 2004 9:39:00 am #
 
<< Home

...Survey says...

Elsewhere

BlogsNow | |

Stats

Page loads since 9 Nov 04:

Statistics

Tools

Powered by Blogger