Monday, July 24, 2006

Why is it so?

Why can't they put AM radios in phones? I want my Radio National and I'm stuck with JJJ.
said she.

I think the question you should be asking is why - with the abundance of FM tuners in gadgets these days - isn't the ABC transmitting Radio National on the FM band in Canberra? It's on FM elsewhere.

I'm going to write & ask 'em. I'd like to be able to listen to RN on my phone too. And don't mention podcasting; I want Fran Kelly live or not at all.
said I.

Dear Dean,

When the ABC Radio National originally started to broadcast all over Australia it took over existing AM frequencies that were already in place in the major cities, such as Camberra. We only broadcast via FM in more remote areas where new transmitters had to be installed.

With the onset of digital in around 2008-2010, the ABC will also be going digital, therefore eventually making most analog transmissions obsolete.
said Anne from RN Listener Enquiries.

[Tags: , , ]

Posted by Dean @ 7/24/2006 10:52:00 pm

...Survey says...

Elsewhere

BlogsNow | |

Stats

Page loads since 9 Nov 04:

Statistics

Tools

Powered by Blogger