Tuesday, March 25, 2003


Work is so busy, but it'll all be OK once I've jetted o/s next week.

Most of my spare time of late has been spent tinkering with this pc. I'm trying to get it to play some old games, but for some reason they keep locking up! I've tried everything - reinstallation, updated direct x to v9, updated the sound and video drivers, upgraded the power supply, added more memory - wtf is going wrong?

Here's the current PC spec:
Cel 400
256mb sdram
Win 98se
400w psu
Vibra 128 sound
Geforce 2 mx-400 video
DirectX 9 installed

The machine freezes whenever I try to play Mechwarrior 3 or Gunship. To be more precise, if I can get through the briefing screens and start the actual game I'm ok; they only lock up on the briefing & setup screens.

Any ideas as to what's going wrong - I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Posted by Dean @ 3/25/2003 06:27:00 pm

...Survey says...

Elsewhere

BlogsNow | |

Stats

Page loads since 9 Nov 04:

Statistics

Tools

Powered by Blogger