Tuesday, February 12, 2002


I'm having a bad day, it was also bad in parts yesterday, so we could be trending for a bad week. My hand hurts a lot and I haven't been sleeping well (only with painkiller assistance), so I'm getting very tired and emotional at the moment.

The good, the bad and the cubicle dwellers

Yesterday was my first day back at work after the stabbing and everyone was very nice to me & were all concerned. We had a morning tea, the branch head announced that I've been made permanent in the position I've been getting Higher Duties money for the last few months, and the team gave me a gift certificate to replace the CDs that were stolen. Things were looking good there for a while, I have a great work team.

Then Justin (aka The Pretender - so named as no matter what someone's done or had done to them, he's done it before and bigger, better or longer) had the gall to come up and tried to spin me a story about taking a stanley knife in the stomach. When pressed for details he said the scars all healed up and that he "was in the wrong place at the wrong time". I wasn't going to let him trivialise my experience with a bullshit story, and I told him so; you just don't forget details when something like this happens, you remember where, when and why. He made me so angry.

Share house woes

Came home to find my house a complete mess. Dave moves out tomorrow or the next day, and while he's found the time to neatly pack all of his things, he can't find the time to clean up the kitchen that he's used to cook for his gf in for the last four or five nights and there's only so much cleaning I can do one handed. To top that off he hasn't done one damn thing to help me find his replacement (which is his legal responsibility seeing as he's the one moving out) and even tho he'll be driving an empty van back from Brisbane on the weekend, he can't find the time to pick up some bookcases my mother is buying me at Ikea up there. One thing, I ask for one thing and he won't do it. I had to get out last night otherwise I would've lost it. I went to the pub even tho I'm not drinking. I 'spose I should be glad I have a place.

Last night I removed the bandages and the now-unconstricted hand swelled up even more. I'd show you a picture but I can't get my scanner working via the parallel port!

Today the hand was hurting even more. I couldn't think straight at work and my fuse is getting shorter and shorter.

When it rains, it pours...

Tonight I'm going down to a special dinner at L's place. As I'd committed to this first, I'm missing a farewell night for Bron in town and a quick visit from Tamara who moved to Melbourne recently & whom I miss a lot. And despite having all of these things on I know things aren't right in my head at the moment as I read about the place that there's another dinner, but that I wasn't invited (I seem to have made my social worthiness null and void when I declined an earlier invite in the days of early blogs) and it makes me feel like I've done something horrible and wrong.

Keep on keepin' on

I'm sorry to have rambled on, I guess I just needed to vent.

I got an email from In Blue today at work; they're putting on another "office party". They need me to fax them a list of names to put on the door, so please e-mail me if you'd like to come meet me & the gang you read about here, if you wanna come check out the scar or if you just like cheap drinks on a friday after work (Friday Feb 22 from 5pm). I'd like to meet y'all.

Time for dinner...

Posted by Dean @ 2/12/2002 07:39:00 pm

...Survey says...

Elsewhere

BlogsNow | |

Stats

Page loads since 9 Nov 04:

Statistics

Tools

Powered by Blogger