Saturday, February 26, 2005

Coincidences

[//] I'm starting to think that I'm coming across more than my quota of coincidences lately.

After being blown away by his sprawl trilogy (Neuromancer, Count Zero & Mona Lisa Overdrive) last year, this week I've started reading William Gibson's bridge trilogy. The first book, Virtual Light, features these funky sunglasses that transmit their signal directly into your brain via the optic nerve. One of the characters mentions that they were originally developed for blind people who had dud eyes but functioning optic nerves. So what do I come across on Gizmodo this week? Optic Nerve Cameras for the Blind.

This morning - after a quick scan through of an Oliver CD I picked up cheap for Cheese - I turn on the TV & what's on WIN? Escape of the Artful Dodger.*

Spooky.


* - A bit of trivia I just spotted: the kid who plays Oliver Twist in the TV show is the "...there is no spoon..." kid from The Matrix.


[Tags: , , , , , ]

Posted by Dean @ 2/26/2005 06:01:00 pm

...Survey says...

Elsewhere

BlogsNow | |

Stats

Page loads since 9 Nov 04:

Statistics

Tools

Powered by Blogger