Sunday, April 02, 2006

Blast from the Past


I don't completely ignore 'em, but I'm not the best at keeping in touch with people from my past. I have occasional email contact with one or two guys from school & missed the reunion, a tad more contact with some uni people - as much for professional as social reasons - and none with any of the people I spent nearly four years flipping burgers with in the mid 90s. Imagine my surprise when one of the old Bernies crew calls me out of the blue yesterday morning. OK, it wasn't quite the "Ten years!" reaction, but I was still surprised.


We talked for an hour; questions like "Who've you kept in touch with?", "What's everyone doin'?", stories about the characters that came & went over the years and random speculation on the development of the units of measurement of time of all things. AMB was another of the students in the crew (as opposed to a career manager) and pulled the ripcord to go overseas about a year before the company folded; certainly sounds like she had some great adventures before returning to Brisbane.

What was really amazing was how quickly names and details came back; even the stupid little details like the drive-through script, the product line and the menu structure on the POS terminals. I'd thought I'd forgotten it all, but I guess when you spend hours & hours with a group of people over a period of years doing the same stuff, some things get hardwired into your memory.

If there's anyone else out there that remembers the inside of that little yellow & red store that used to be on the corner of Lutwyche and Windsor roads, drop me a line; AMB & I would like to hear from you.


[Tags: , , , ]

Posted by Dean @ 4/02/2006 04:55:00 pm

...Survey says...

Elsewhere

BlogsNow | |

Stats

Page loads since 9 Nov 04:

Statistics

Tools

Powered by Blogger