Sunday, January 20, 2008

Avoid the Unnamed Road

Take the road less traveled, sure, but if your GPS ever tells you to turn on to a road with no name, ask for a second opinion. Drive on and force it to rethink its advice.

Heading out to the Queanbeyan Racecourse yesterday arvo, my little Mio told me to turn off towards HMAS Harman, then take a gravel road that must be a service road for the base that runs along the far side of the racecourse. Gravel would have been fine, but the rain had turned it into a 2km long mud track with lake-like water-filled potholes. Great for a bit of in-town off-roading, but I reckon Off-Black Beauty is a bit dark on me right now; she wasn't designed for such conditions. By the time I made it to the right end of the racecourse she looked like she'd just done a rally.

Labels:

Posted by Dean @ 1/20/2008 09:16:00 am

...Survey says...

Elsewhere

BlogsNow | |

Stats

Page loads since 9 Nov 04:

Statistics

Tools

Powered by Blogger