Thursday, September 20, 2001

A strange evening...

Today I finished and submitted the job application and left work a little early (I've got somem flex time saved up) as the BOM said a storm was a probability. I was quite excited; Canberra doesn't have decent thunderstorms like Brisbane does.

No storm.

Got a couple of ST: Voyager vids (my housemate D1 & I are working our way through the local video shops collection) and watched a couple of episodes; I'm looking forward to seeing how the wind up the series. Do they get home? That'd be a bit of an anti-climax.

Then, in a strange turn, we turned off the TV. K1 (D1's gf) came over & we've just been hanging out trying to figure out something to do with our night. No luck. I wander over to Plastic & find a heap of WTC jokes.

So I'm sitting here listening to the newest Jamiroquai album (again) wondering if - back in the disco age - there was anything cooler musically than the clap track... It seems to be making a small comeback (Listen to track 5 "Love Foolosophy"). I read somewhere years ago a critic ripping into Jamiroquai because they sounded too much like Stevie Wonder; but Stevie we have to ask "what have you done for me lately?"

Now my mind wanders forward; what to do this weekend? Go out? Stay in? Kick off the summer fitness attempt? Go & spend money I don't yet have? Party like 'twas 2199?

Posted by Dean @ 9/20/2001 10:38:00 pm

...Survey says...

Elsewhere

BlogsNow | |

Stats

Page loads since 9 Nov 04:

Statistics

Tools

Powered by Blogger