Friday, January 11, 2002


Another dull day only made better by the fact I was in air con all day.

My Friday Five

1. What was your first job? My first income came from mowing lawns around the northwest suburbs of Brisbane. This gave me a lot of hayfever, but the flexibility to work when it suited me (negotiated with the client of course). My first job with a boss and a tax file number etc etc was with a little burger chain that was around for just short of four years. I joined the Bernies team when they opened, helped them open up a number of stores, and a couple of years down the track, worked the last shift when the Windsor store closed its' doors. I understand that the administrators managed to sell the stores on the Gold Coast and at Virginia & that they now operate as individual stores. I took the Windsor store flag (which, by the way, was designed by one of the finest journos the ABC parliamentary bureau has seen), the Managing Director said they owed me at least that much. In retrospect I stayed much much longer than I should've, but I made a lot of friends in my time there & if it wasn't for the good teams we had over the years I don't think I would've hung around so long.

2. How old were you when you had your first kiss? 17

3. What was your first car? When I was a kid, my uncle gave me a really really old Toyota Corolla (1960-something). Dad drove it around for a while until it died; I never got to drive it.

4. What was your first concert? Hard to remember; I guess it would've been when I was taken to Kiss when I was 5.

5. How do you plan to spend your weekend? (I've seen some people comment that this question should be changed; they should just start doing things on their weekends. But I digress...) This evening I'm heading out to a BBQ and DVD night at a mates' place. Saturday will see me heading to the National Botanical Gardens for J's (a workmate) wedding ceremony. I'd like to see Ocean's Eleven sometime, or maybe Monsters Inc or maybe LOTR again. I have to sort out some financial things and I'm going to have a look at Moveable Type to see if it'd be any good for my weblog. I'm also planning on inviting some people to coffee to meet / catch up.

...and the award goes to...

Lots of people are talking about Grammy and Oscar nominations at the moment. I like awards shows; they give me the chance to play the game I made up last year: the Awards Show Drinking Game!

Posted by Dean @ 1/11/2002 06:15:00 pm

...Survey says...

Elsewhere

BlogsNow | |

Stats

Page loads since 9 Nov 04:

Statistics

Tools

Powered by Blogger