Wednesday, May 23, 2007

New York City - Part 3.5 - Argh!

23 May 07 - 1900h

The Bronx is the scariest place I've ever been. I had to go from Yankee Stadium to the Stubhub ticket office on Grand Concourse and everyone's looking at me like they want to kill me. "What you doin' here white boy?" their eyes demand. The ones that don't look like they want to kill me look like they wouldn't mind if someone else did. I was jogging until I came across what I swear was a real gang fight in the park; I ran for a bit after that. The worst part was that once I got the tickets I had to run all the way back.



It should have been this easy, but the Google Map I printed off wasn't that clear, so I went off in the wrong direction for a few blocks, then doubled back, through a park and along Grand Concourse, before coming back down to the stadium and finding our seats.


Labels:

Posted by Dean @ 5/23/2007 01:00:00 pm

Read or Post a Comment

The walk to the StubHub Yankee Stadium ticket location was short, sweet and no problem. There is a small park you can cut through, and families were sitting about, kids were playing baseball, etc. There was nothing threatening about the walk or the neighborhood. There is road construction on Grand Concourse which makes the area look kind of dry and desolate.

StubHub has a small office at that location manned by a few young fellas in their late twenties -- computers, name on the door of the business, etc.

I never saw anything or anyone that looked the least bit threatening.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Wednesday, July 04, 2007 12:12:00 am #
 

K.

I guess your day was much better than mine.

Posted by Blogger Dean @ Wednesday, July 04, 2007 10:43:00 pm #
 

It's hard to believe the situation we both saw was so different. One of us is not very accurate in our representation...I think.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Thursday, July 05, 2007 12:54:00 am #
 

Uh, are we reading the same post about the same day or are you talking about a different day?

See, cos if you read about my day, you'll see I got lost, came across a big fight in a park, ran a bit and was bloody exhausted by the time I got to Stubhub. I've got no problem with Stubhub, so I'm not sure why you even mentioned them or their office. It was getting there & back that was the adventure.

Either way, you wanna call bullshit on the post, go nuts, just don't beat around the bush; it just takes time away from you whining about your clients.

Posted by Blogger Dean @ Thursday, July 05, 2007 1:06:00 am #
 
<< Home

...Survey says...

Elsewhere

BlogsNow | |

Stats

Page loads since 9 Nov 04:

Statistics

Tools

Powered by Blogger