Saturday, December 01, 2001



My Friday Five

1. What did you have for dinner last night?
Prawn & avocado california rolls from Sizzle Bento
2. Do you ever get up for a midnight snack?
Yep, but not often.
3. What's your favorite dessert?
Summer: Vanila ice cream & milo, Winter: Hot apple pie & ice cream.
4. Tell us something about you that would surprise us.
I'm the messy one.
5. How do you plan to spend your weekend?
Doing as little as possible. I have to clean the apartment and K1 is cooking an early christmas roast for a small group of friends, but those are my only commitments.

Book Clubs

Earlier this year I wandered the few metres to L1 for my first experience of a book club gathering. The book was The Hobbit. Having read it before I thought that would be the safest way in. There was a little chat about the book, but then there was a shift and everyone got talking about their own travels and started pulling out photos etc and I just sat back, drank wine, ate cheese & watched from the outside.

Now a couple of people have floated the idea of our own book club. So time for some more no-so-rhetorical questions: should there be any guidelines? If so, what should the guidelines be? Who can be invited? What standards should be applied to the proposal of books & how shall we decide what to read? What are the pitfalls to watch out for?

Posted by Dean @ 12/01/2001 06:04:00 pm

...Survey says...

Elsewhere

BlogsNow | |

Stats

Page loads since 9 Nov 04:

Statistics

Tools

Powered by Blogger