Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year


edit__S3G2581
Originally uploaded by asphotos.
Made it back to Canberra for the excellent traditional 70s-themed New Years dinner, but not before missing my original 2pm flight by a mere five minutes (Qantas will be getting a nastygram tomorrow morning for the belligerent customer disservice I recieved at the ticketing desk). It turned out to be somewhat of a blessing in disguise though, as the 7pm flight was most enjoyable; Emily the hostie was very cool, and then the pilot made up 30 minutes flying time by heading down the coast and flying over Sydney Harbour just as the first lot of fireworks lit up the harbour.

Happy New Year

I left the party around 4.30am praying that I'd get to sleep before sunrise. I usually find it really hard to sleep during the day, but the heat stole the little energy I had. The first day of 2006 was spent sleeping under fans and taking the occassional cool shower; it was 39c outside & pushing into the 40s inside.

[Tags: , , ]

Posted by Dean @ 1/02/2006 10:16:00 pm

...Survey says...

Elsewhere

BlogsNow | |

Stats

Page loads since 9 Nov 04:

Statistics

Tools

Powered by Blogger