Sunday, September 09, 2007

Doing

I think I've mentioned once or twice to various people that if I didn't do what I do, I'd like to make things, all sorts of things. Simple, elegant things that people would admire, use or just want because they were unique or showed off their good taste and eye for such things.

I might have to revise my alternative CV, though, as a recent team management index pegged my strengths as a "creator-innovator" - an ideas man - and said I need to work on balancing regular work and focusing on bringing my ideas into reality. In my alternative career, I'd play to that and focus on the design bit rather than the making bit.

In this reality I would have design qualifications and I would wish to walk with a spring in my step down Leichhardt St to work at icelab. Their thoughts on design resonate with me and I'm hoping repeat visits to the icelab site and the crew's cool personal sites will inspire and guide the data visualisation work I'm doing at the moment.

[via]

Labels: , , ,

Posted by Dean @ 9/09/2007 09:43:00 am

...Survey says...

Elsewhere

BlogsNow | |

Stats

Page loads since 9 Nov 04:

Statistics

Tools

Powered by Blogger