Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Finding the Right Photo Software

[Photo / Tech] Now that I've got the camera, I need some software to organise, tag (better if it's an internationally recognised standard system like IPTC) & do some basic editing of my photos without messing with the EXIF data. If it can upload to Flickr, so much the better. If it could easily make VCDs/Photo CDs that I could send home for the folks to throw in the DVD player, that'd be cool too.

The Zoombrowser software that came with the camera is ok, but I find it a bit awkward to use so I'm looking for something better. The latest version of Picasa has just been released. I'm holding off from downloading it right now because of some comments & reviews I've read, especially this one that compares it to Adobe's Photoshop Album that leads me to think that Photoshop Elements might be the way to go. ACDSee 7 doesn't look too bad either.

So what do you use & why?

Posted by Dean @ 1/19/2005 11:22:00 am

...Survey says...

Elsewhere

BlogsNow | |

Stats

Page loads since 9 Nov 04:

Statistics

Tools

Powered by Blogger