Monday, January 14, 2002

Things are starting to return to normal.

Almost everyone is back at work as of today. Got quite a few things done today: started to organise some training for the branch, read a few interesting papers from journals and did some more rationalisation of the back-end of my database.

Hit the work gym after work for the first time in a few months & feel so much better for it. I've come home, cooked dinner & done the weeks ironing all before tonights South Park. One of the team at work is giving me a swiss ball for exercise too; apparently they're very good for mid-section exercise, better than the equivalent number of crunches I've read.

On the home front, I've offered D's room to one person. They have to consult with their current housemate & family, so we'll see how that goes (this is of course assuming that the agents will let me stay & just replace D - we're talking to them Thursday). If that doesn't work out I'll just keep looking for someone.

So all in all a great start to the week. Tomorrow night B is cooking me dinner, Wednesday there're birthday drinks for S at King O'Malleys, Thursday sees the birthdays of two good friends and a cousin, and the weekend may see some travel, but not sure yet.

I even have a good feeling that I'm going to sleep through tonight. Last night the insomnia kicked in again & I was up from 3 to 4 this morning. It wasn't too bad tho - I listened to New Dimensions on Radio National; this mornings show featured an interesting talk on finding your calling and becoming happy in the workplace (by doing something you like rather than something you don't).

How's your week lookin' ?

Posted by Dean @ 1/14/2002 09:27:00 pm

...Survey says...

Elsewhere

BlogsNow | |

Stats

Page loads since 9 Nov 04:

Statistics

Tools

Powered by Blogger