Saturday, September 13, 2003

Movie mania

It was only a matter of time. The Netflix business model has been launched down under in the form of Meteor Entertainment. The concept goes a little something like this: you pay a subscription fee and then choose movies to rent online, they send you the movies and you keep them as long as it takes for you to watch them. Once you send those movies back, they send you your next selections.

I think this'd be great if you were a movie addict with niche tastes that your local rental shops didn't stock, or if you were a sociophobic recluse or an ultra-sensitive 'boy in a bubble' type, but I don't think it's for me. I'd get too annoyed if the discs were all scratched up & unplayable, plus I like to support the local businesses around here, even if they are franchises, and have I mentioned how cute some of the girls down at Video Ezy are.

Posted by Dean @ 9/13/2003 10:41:00 pm

...Survey says...

Elsewhere

BlogsNow | |

Stats

Page loads since 9 Nov 04:

Statistics

Tools

Powered by Blogger